To One of My Greatest Influencer

I was in fifth grade when I transferred to Maranatha Christian Academy and as a new student, I have to fit in. It was hard for me since its environment is a lot different than my previous schools. To be honest, I came from a school with a small population of students, like the half of each class in MCA is the number of my class in my previous school. So I started thinking of different ways to adjust with the new environment and new set of people to deal with. Yes, it was not easy for me.

Until you came along.

The day you entered our class, I was so scared because my classmates were saying that you’re masungit and strict. So when you entered, I started praying that I’ll be in good terms with you. To cut the very long story short, I became close with you. You even asked me to tutor my classmate who is having a hard time with spelling and constructing sentences. And since I know that he's also having a hard time dealing with the other subjects, I decided to tutor him for a one whole grading. You were my partner in monitoring his grades. And I think we succeeded since his grades went from line of 7 to line of 8. We all felt accomplished and contented with the good changes which occurred. 

I will also never forget all the chikahan moments I’ve had with you. I will never forget how expressive your facial expression is every time you tell stories about your experiences. Like when you told me that you were dreaming for our school to have a speech laboratory. You knew that in my previous school, we had a speech lab so you asked what’s in it and stuff. So I answered your question with the best I could. And guess what, a speech lab will rise soon in our school. (Ayan na po Cher, matutupad na po yung isa sa mga ‘goals’ niyo po for MCA, I firmly believe that you're one of the reasons kung bakit magkakaroon na po tayo ng ganoon sa school)

I love how great you are in criticizing like literally everything. It may be a person, place, object; like literally anyone or anything. As long as it you see something wrong in it, you will criticize it. I will miss listening to your criticisms like when you see a student who folds his/her sleeves you will say “Ang panget naman tignan. Mukhang tambay sa kanto.” I even adapted this attitude, my classmates know that I hate it when they fold their sleeves.

What I will miss even more is when you turn into a grammar nazi every time our grammar turns into grammer. Hehehehe! (cher, sorry in advance kung may typo or grammar errors) Your best line ever for me was “It’s not Xerox, it’s photocopy.” Again I kind of adapted this attitude.

Oh and by the way remember when you knew that I was reading a Wattpad book with cuss words in it? I didn’t knew before that it became a reason for you to confiscate all the Wattpad Books in other sections of our batch. Well actually, I just knew that it happened today (when exce started talking about the memories we've shared with you). I was literally shocked when I heard this from my classmates who were from other section at that time because you were pretty chill about it in our class. You just asked us to stop reading them and be careful and cautious with everything we read.

Well of course, last but definitely not the least, since it’s the thing that I’m so thankful for you. You knew that I had the talent in writing. You invited me to join the English Club/BEACON. You brought me to different exciting experiences like joining journalism contests. You believed that I had it within me. You were the reason why my passion for writing came out. You were the reason why the fire of my love for writing kept on burning. I had a lot of flaws and failures, but you always chose to believe in me… to keep on believing in me, though sometimes I can’t believe in myself anymore. I can never forget your expressions every time I show you my outputs. You always say that my works touches and amuses you, but you know what ‘cher, you’re the one who touched my life and you’re the one who amused me with your beautiful and admirable personality.

I know this won’t be the last time I will write about you. I know that even you’re physically gone now, you’ll always be in my heart. You will continue to inspire me in writing. You will continue to believe in me. You will continue to keep my love and passion for writing from burning.

I don’t how to end this letter. So I guess, I’m gonna tell this again even though I told you about this for a thousand times already, thank you Teacher Lara! Please do know that you’re a great part of all my achievements. Again, thank you Teacher Lara!


p.s I, along with the newly elected officers of our school’s official paper and gazette, BEACON, will strive hard and give our very best to publish this year. We will dedicate it to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huling Sayaw

Letter of Separation for 2016

Sa Aking Hardin