The Start of IYLDP Adventures

Imus Youth Leadership Development Program, often referred to as IY or IYLDP, is a program especially made for students to train them to become great leaders in the future.

Fifty six (56) schools in Imus were given a chance to choose their representatives. The participants are carefully hand-picked by the authorities and coordinators of the program mentioned and I was so lucky that I am one of the 75 students from 22 different schools who will undergo the leadership development program especially made for the young Imuseños.

Last September 11, we had our orientation regarding the program. We were given an IYLDP kit which will help us throughout our whole journey in the program. We also took a lot of pictures, like a lot! I swear, some of them may be embarrassing because mostly are stolen shots. *hides under the chair*

The day after the orientation, we formally started the leadership development program. We were lectured about the works inside the city government and a lot of information was given which I think helped us to understand what is really happening inside the government.

Yesterday, we also introduced ourselves to each other and described ourselves in three words.. Yep! You heard it right, JUST THREE WORDS. So I described myself as an indecorous reckless wanderer. *wink wink*

Opportunities like this comes only once in a lifetime to me and I will never regret joining and participating this leadership training program which will not only help me to become a great leader in the future, but also to be a great individual. This is also a chance for me to meet different kinds of people and make a lot of friends!

This is just only the beginning… A great journey and adventure is ahead of me here in IYLDP!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huling Sayaw

Letter of Separation for 2016

Sa Aking Hardin