#GenderEqualityPH

Note: This blog will be written in both English & Filipino so I could freely express myself.



I thought of writing about this as soon as I’ve heard the news headlines from a famous local TV channel. Sumakit ng bongga yung utak ko, because I’ve had enough of the gender discrimination and inequality here in our country.

To formally start this, I’m writing this blog to promote Gender Equality here in our country. I am straight to start with, I am not writing this in behalf of any sector or whatever. I JUST WANT JUSTICE AND EQUALITY TO REIGN IN OUR COUNTRY.

Last month, March 16, to be exact, Philippines celebrated National Women’s Month. It’s theme if I’m not mistaken was Maria Clara (we all know her from Noli Me Tangere of Jose Rizal) evolving to a modernized Filipina who fights for her rights, Malaya. This is somehow a truth to be honest, since most of us, Filipinas, knows how to fight for her rights now. But, there are still who can’t fight for their own.

So a while ago, ayun nga while I’m tweeting I’ve heard the news headlines of this certain show and literally, napa-“Shit, what?” na lang ako. I just knew na may ordinance na regarding calling or whistling girls, touching them without permission, and the likes. Napaisip ako, this law has just been made?

So I’ve waited for the news report for this, hanggang sa nalaman ko, it will only be implemented in Quezon City, and they’re still waiting for the approval of their Mayor so it will be implemented.

To be honest, nakakainis na magkakaroon pa lang ng ganitong law sa ating bansa though a lot of feminists are showing up now. And not to mention, the discrimination to the LGBT community. It’s too much now. Imagine, hindi ka maaaccept sa isang work dahil lang sa gender mo? That is so wrong. Hindi naman sila mga criminal para pagkaitan ng rights. At least nga hindi sila nagnanakaw or nangungurakot ng bilyon-bilyong piso sa kaban ng bayan.

I think the only resolution to this is to start this by teaching our youth about gender equality. Since mayroon na tayong new curriculum, which is very helpful naman if you would look into it but yes marami pa din butas at kakulangan na kailangan punan ang K+12 curriculum.

Sex Education is a part of it. Though I really think, hindi pa din enough ang info na narerelay to us students since teenage pregnancy cases is still increasing our country. Kailangan pa pagbutihan ang pagtuturo ng Sex Education, let’s be serious and mature with this matter. Since I notice that some students are taking studying SexEd is so immature and just a “joke”. Make the students, comprehend and understand. Kasi first of all, they didn’t know what’s the main purpose of studying it.

Second, in our SexEd Classes, there’s a pinch of Gender Studies and I think that it should be a part of the curriculum. Like it should be discussed in a more serious and broader way. Again, let students comprehend and understand.

And maybe if some or most of the students will be able to understand these issues, changes will occur. I think there’ll be lesser gender discrimination and such. The teens can also share what they learn in their school to their families, and since we’re the generation of the triumph of Social Media, we too in our own ways can share it online.

Ang saya siguro na mabuhay sa bansa na walang discrimination diba? Yung walang matatakot na may magtatangka sa kanilang gumawa ng masama.. Yung hindi ka na matatakot na walang tatanggap sayo..




Isa pa lamang ito sa napakaraming kabalukturan ng “tuwid na daan”.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huling Sayaw

Letter of Separation for 2016

Sa Aking Hardin