EXPECTATIONS VS. REALITY

William Shakespeare once said that the “Expectation is the root of all heartache.”

Maybe you’ll expect this is something about love.. you know like the eros kind of love.  (NO okay NO) So this will be another rant because of my experience from school (just recently like seriously just a while ago) So I’m gonna start this by giving a pinch of description about myself.

I am a Grade 9 student and I belong to the so-called nerds of the batch. I’m from the First Section, Star Section, whatever your school calls the section where they put all the nerds and hardworking (but not really) students.

To be included in the first section means you have to act sophisticated every time. If you know what I mean.. Idk, they always expect us to act accordingly. Like they say we should act like role models of the batch. I MEAN THEY REALLY PUT A LOT OF PRESSURE ON US. They always expect us to do the “fullest” in everything and get disappointed when we don’t reach their really high expectations. They want us to be perfect and flawless but WE CAN’T BECAUSE WE’RE JUST LIKE THE OTHER TEENAGERS IN OUR BATCH.

But you know, sometimes their expectations make us reach the “almost perfect” peak of perfection. Their expectations turn to our inspirations. And they help us to reach or sometimes exceed the fullest of our abilities. So somehow, I want to thank them for expecting a lot from our class because they are the reason why we do our best in everything we do.

p.s
BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE EXPECTATION IS THE ROOT OF ALL HEARTACHE. SO AS LONG AS YOU CAN, PLEASE DON’T EXPECT TOO DAMN MUCH. YOU MIGHT GET HURT. AND I DON’T WANT YOU TO GET HURT. AND PLEASE DO THINK THAT EXPECTATIONS CAN MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD OR BAD DEPENDING ON HOW YOU ACCEPT IT.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huling Sayaw

Letter of Separation for 2016

Sa Aking Hardin