Perks of K+12 Curriculum

A lot of Filipinos are against this curriculum specially the students and the parents.

Before the school year 2013-2014 started, my school held a conference between the school staffs and the parents regarding the new curriculum.

Before this conference happened, my mom and I are complaining about this curriculum just like every other teachers, students and parents right now. We say that this is just a waste of money, time and effort. But after the conference, things got clearer to me and my parents.

Around the world, there are three countries who do not implement this kind of curriculum and Philippines is one of the three countries. And because I think that the government knew that they could find ways in solving this problem, they took actions and now, we're no longer left out in terms of education. I learned that through this new curriculum we'll be improving the quality of education in our country and be one of the pioneers in producing highly educated students who will soon be part in the growth of our economy.

But as I read articles and reports about the K+12 curriculum, a lot of people are still against it due to lack of information about it. I think the solution to this problem is that the government should have seminars about this curriculum and explain every detail of it to the students, parents and school staffs and make them understand.

Another problem I see in this curriculum is the lack of teachers, teaching materials and facilities in public schools. The government should take an action in this problem because a lot of Filipino students depend on public schools. I know it's hard but maybe as they take action in the lack of teachers, materials and facilities in public schools, the government and maybe some non-government offices should help and support those students who are in need but are very eager to finish their studies.

I wish that every Filipino will be well-informed about this new curriculum and support it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huling Sayaw

Letter of Separation for 2016

Sa Aking Hardin