An Early Realization

Note: I made this for a journal and it was supposed to be a memoir but I think it didn't turned out like one LOL hehehe Anyway, I didn't wish to offend anyone here especially those who really look forward to receiving recognitions and the likes. I'm just here to stand up for those who are being verbally abused for not caring that much on their grades and achievements. So yaaas. Here we go :)
----

Looking back in the days where studying is my favorite and only hobby, made me realize who I am today and what I wanted to be in the future.
I always dreamt of receiving sparkling medals & trophies and to be recognized. Since I started schooling, I never failed to miss any chance in pursuing my dream. Joining contests and focusing on my academics had been my daily routine. Studying became my life and no one and nothing stopped me at that time.
When I was nursery, I was only awarded as the second honor and thought it was the end of my world. So on my kindergarten years, I still pursued and pushed for my dreams but did it with less effort compared on my first year of schooling. I lost a little interest with studying and instead focused on competing at non-academic competitions. When the school year ended, with God’s grace, I became the first honor of our batch. I thought I would be jumping with joy at that time but I felt different from expected. As they say, all things has its end.
When I received the award, something bothered me. And in that moment, I had the greatest realization that affected and influenced me for the rest of my life. It’s like I made up my own motto in life.
At that young age, I realized that achievements can never measure how knowledgeable and exemplary you are. Grades doesn’t who you are and what you’ll be. Believing in yourself and doing what you want is the true way of striving for excellence.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huling Sayaw

Letter of Separation for 2016

Sa Aking Hardin